Welcome!

Hello and welcome to my blog. This is a compilation of travel stories, photos and places that I have visited over the years (although once in a while I will include places that I WANT to visit!). I love to travel and am also a bit of a "foodie" so every now and then I will probably start talking about my favorite restaurants too. Enjoy!
-Deborah

Sunrise at Kruger National Park, South Africa

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Black and White Africa Photos


(Photo above is Sunrise over Kruger National Park, South Africa)

Hello everyone! I apologize for my long absence but I have moved back to Northern California and started my new job so things have been pretty busy... I am very excited because I just bought my new Canon 50D camera and am ready to start taking pics again! My new camera also inspired me to go back through my photos from my recent Africa trip and pull out some of my faves that I have not yet posted here on my blog. I am also learning some new editing techniques in Photoshop so please bear with me as some of these are total experiments...

(Photo below taken at the beach in Hermanus, South Africa)









(Photo below is a Baby Zebra in Kruger National Park, South Africa)








(Photo below is my favorite lion from the Moremi Game Reserve, Botswana)








(Photo below is a Baby Elephant with Mama Elephant in Kruger National Park, South Africa)








(Photo below is a rare sight - Hyena's resting in Kruger National Park, South Africa)








(Below, moving back to the beautiful beach in Hermanus, South Africa)








(Below, our place on the rocks for "sun-downers" in Hermanus, South Africa)








(Below, a gorgeous sunset in Hermanus, South Africa)








(On the Midlands Meander outside of Pietermaritzberg, South Africa -- Barbed wire fencing is a harsh contrast to the beauty of the countryside)








(Not far from the Drakensberg Mountains in Kwazulu Natal, South Africa)







(First glimpse of the Drakensberg Mountains in Kwazulu Natal, South Africa)

No comments:

Post a Comment


South African Wildflowers